Do you sometimes think that societal challenges are hopelessly complex, but are you committed to make a difference? This fall DRIFT, the Transition Academy and entrepreneurial network Impact Hub Amsterdam offer a second edition of the Masterclass Societal Transitions: a 5-day intensive course, combining a theoretical perspective with critical reflection and applied action learning, to help you foster systemic impact.
In the build-up to the Masterclass, we want to inspire the bridge-builders, innovators and entrepreneurs around us. Therefore, we asked our teachers to send us some interesting readings and articles of their choice, in order to offer you new insights and inspiration on social innovation and societal transitions!
During the masterclass, we combine a critical and theoretical perspective on sustainability transitions, social innovation and entrepreneurship, with pragmatic tools and insights in 5 thematic modules: social innovation, sustainability transitions, leadership & politics, synthesis & moving forward, and integration & application. Renowned professor in Sustainability Transitions Jan Rotmans will join us during the masterclass to connect the dots of the diverse modules, weaving together his vast research knowledge and practical experience on social innovation, sustainability transitions, leadership and politics. We offer you a preview on his insights by selecting five thought-provoking reads, from state-of-the-art transition research to action agenda’s and personal revelations. Dive into transition literature and inspire yourself with new knowledge that helps you foster systemic impact!
- Loorbach, D.A. & Rotmans, J. (2010). The practice of transition management: Examples and lessons from four distinct cases. Futures.
- Rotmans, J. (2010). Transitieagenda voor Nederland: investeren in duurzame innovatie. KSI/DRIFT.
- Kusiak, L. & Driven, J. (2015). ‘Systeemtransities vragen ook om persoonlijke transities‘. Interview.
- Loorbach, D.A. & Rotmans, J. (2012). Transities & transitiemanagement: Oorsprong, status en toekomst. (blog). DRIFT
- Loorbach, D., Van Bakel, J., Whiteman, G.M. & Rotmans, J. (2010). Business strategies for transitions towards sustainable systems. Business Strategy and the Environment, 19 (2), 133-146.