The Transition Academy and its team are initiated and hosted by the Dutch Research Institute for Transitions (DRIFT), based at the Erasmus University of Rotterdam. DRIFT is the leading research institute in transitions towards sustainability and has worldwide networks, projects and contributions. The hosting by DRIFT of the Transition Academy currently includes the staffing of a core team, several curriculum developers, and organisational support.
One of our main aims for the Academy is to strengthen collaborative efforts between scholars and practitioners within and beyond existing transition networks. As such, many of our courses and workshops are developed in collaboration between transition scholars and practitioners from various different organisations and backgrounds. We also partner with other organisations and training institutes, such as Viatore, Erasmus Academie, Meneer de Leeuw and Impact Hub Amsterdam. Each of them brings additional expertise and capacity in terms of specialized content or with regard to logistics, PR and practical organisation.
The overall academic quality and professional coherence of the Transition Academy is guaranteed and supervised by a dedicated team of academic and organisational professionals:
- Flor Avelino Academic Director TAC & Researcher DRIFT
- Marijke de Pous Executive Director TAC
- Mariecécile Schouwenaar Course Coordinator TAC
- Marieke Creemers Communications TAC
- Prof. dr. Derk Loorbach Full Professor & Director DRIFT
- Ass. prof. dr. Niki Frantzeskaki Associate Professor DRIFT
- Dr. PJ Beers Learning Expert TAC & Researcher DRIFT
Team of curriculum developers
Our curriculum developers are responsible for ensuring the state-of-the-art content of specialized courses and driving the development of new programmes:
- Transition Studies and Transition Management Derk Loorbach
- Urban Transition Management Chris Roorda
- Transitions in the Social Domain Frank v. Steenbergen
- Social Innovation, Power & Empowerment Flor Avelino
- Environmental Governance for Transformative Actions Niki Frantzeskaki
- Transformative Science & Action Research Julia Wittmayer
- Learning, Evaluation & Reflexive Monitoring PJ Beers
- Energy Transitions Rick Bosman
Affiliated lecturers and trainers
Affiliated lectures and trainers are people with whom we have an established relationship through prior involvement in one or more of our courses. These individuals are available as speakers, lecturers or trainers for events, courses or customized in-company trainings and can be contacted directly. We are also exploring collaborations with coaches who can provide coaching on personal development and transformation.