Roel van Raak specialises in policy and strategy analysis for transition management. He has extensive experience both as a university researcher and as a consultant in translating and applying Transition Management into policy. He has advised and coached individual organisations, ranging from commercial firms to trade associations in strategically positioning themselves in transitions. He has worked on projects in various fields, including health care, materials, waste, and water management. He teaches a module on healthcare transitions and programme design/management in the post-academic masterclass and has been involved in ‘in company’ training and innovation coaching.
- Transition Management Masterclass
- Hoger Onderwijs voor Ouderen (HOVO)
- In Company Training, Rijkswaterstaat Wegen Naar de Toekomst
- Roel van Raak et. al., (2013), Van Afval Af, Transitie-agenda voor gemeenten naar een Circulaire Economie, i.o.v. Afvalfonds / VNG
- Raak, R. van, Neuteboom, J. & Rotmans, J. (eds) (2010) Mensenzorg: een transitiebeweging.
- Roel van Raak (2010), The transition (management) perspective on long-term change in healthcare in Bunder and Broerse, Transitions in Healthcare Systems – Dealing with Persistent Problems, VU University Press.
- Roel van Raak (2012), De Context van Systeemvernieuwing in de containervaart, verkenning van de transitie in de binnenvaart.
- Roel van Raak (forthcoming) Multi-level Policy Arguments for Influencing Transitions of Societal Systems; connecting dynamics, governance and management in an application to Dutch Healthcare, dissertation.